"..., like some batholith sin..."
This abstract example gives an image how men have emerge as an antagonist in the essay. It gives a very strong feeling of the destruction caused by men, of how they are even more dangerous in comparison to the wolves. As that certain paragraph goes on, it moves to making readers think if we, the human race could step back from being this barrier to the existence of wolves. I find that this abstract example to be very strong and reaches deep into readers.
For more concrete examples, I think that parts of the essay where he gives scientific explanation stresses more of the importance his whole essay. "But the thing that defines a wolf more than anything - ... - is the way it travels". This concrete support makes it more than just a story of a wolf. It gives this documentary like feeling to the essay and gives a more vivid image that could flash in readers' minds.
I definitely agree with your statement on the effects the author is trying to push across. Especially the second part, when you state that it's more than a story of a wolf. I do feel that imagery the author is trying to send across. I think he does it in away that isn't boring but yet very informative.
ReplyDelete